President: Ray Dolan
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org - mobile 07980101744
Vice-President: Steve Whatmore
General Secretary: Peter Oliver
email address: email@example.com
Treasurer: Eunice Dolan
Records & Tournament Secretary: Steve Whatmore
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Teams shall consist of four players and must be played in descending order of strength.
2. Away teams to play with the white pieces on odd numbered boards.
3. Clocks to be started at 7.15pm or 7.30pm depending on home team’s start time.
4. Time control: All moves to be made in 80 minutes
Normal rules shall be 1-hour default time
5. Game points: 1 point scored for a win, ½ point for a draw
6. Match points: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
7. All games must be decided on the occasion of the match.
8. Match results must be recorded on the ECF LMS system within 2 days of the match.
9. Changes of fixtures must be notified to the Records Secretary ASAP. The new date and time for the fixture must be agreed with the Records Secretary.
10. Where a club has two teams in any division, a player (including lower team reserves) may not play for both teams.
11. Players may play for one club only in a given division. If a player wishes to play for another club in the same division, the player must notify the Records Secretary in writing giving at least 14 days’ notice before their first match for the new club. Players may play for different clubs in different divisions.
12. All games will be sent for rating.
13. Rating limits. The total combined rating of the four players in a team shall be less than the following limits:
Division 1: 7200 ECF Division 2: 6500 ECF Division 3: 5800 ECF
The September 2021 rating list shall apply throughout the season.
14. Registration of players with the League is not necessary, the League will run on a basis of trust. To this end, team captains will be trusted to assess fairly the approximate rating of unrated players but must at least award the minimum rating in each division as follows:
Division 1: 1400 ECF Division 2: 1275 ECF Division 3: 1150 ECF
Captains should use actual ratings for players rated below the unrated minimum.
Players who have lost their rating but have held a grade or rating in the 5 years previous to the current date must use the most recent grade or rating when assessing team strength.
A player may appeal against this rule, if they feel their personal circumstances are such that the rule should not apply to them. Such appeal must be lodged in writing with the Record Secretary setting out the reason and circumstances of the appeal at least 28 days before the player intends to play their first match. Appeals received later than the 28 day limit will not be considered for the imminent match season but may be considered for the following season.
15. Defaulted boards shall count as the minimum rating allowed for that division.
16. League Champions. The League Champions will be the team with the highest number of match points to their credit. In the event of a tie, the winners will be determined on the following basis:
i) results of the matches between the tied teams; next
ii) games difference (games won minus games lost, as for goal difference); next
iii) greatest rating profit in the matches between the teams (i.e. the team with the lowest rating total will be the winners).
17. The number of rounds to be played will be as follows:
If 4 or fewer teams are entered in a division then matches will consist of home and away ties. If 5 of more teams are entered in a division then matches will consist of 1 round only up to a maximum of 6 games.
18. Mobile phones must be switched off or rendered silent for the duration of the match. If a ring tone is heard, the opposing player should remind their opponent of this rule. A second infringement in the same game will result in the game being forfeited by the guilty player.
19. Any infringements of these rules will result in penalties being levied on the offending teams.